Teachers today are faced with the challenge and opportunity of using technology to teach. Computers are amazing educational tools, but they can also be a huge distraction to learning. The Internet, instant messaging, email and games are a constant temptation for students.
LanSchool removes these distractions so you can teach more effectively. No classroom management solution is simpler to install, easier to use or better suited for teaching in a computer-based classroom.
Features of LanSchool
The LanSchool software offers many features that allow teachers to monitor classroom computers, control what the computers can access, and even tools to use the computers as teaching aids.
- Thumbnail monitoring allows the teacher to quickly view each student's screen
- All keystrokes are logged on student machines (can be disabled)
- A screen capture of a student's desktop can be taken at any time
- Internet history shows a list of the websites visited on a particular computer
- All running programs are shown, whether they're visable on the desktop or not
- And More!!!
- Force all computers to display a blank screen while simultaneously locking keyboards & mice
- Teachers have the ability to limit what websites students can view
- Teachers can specify what applications can or cannot be used
- Prevent, limit, start/stop printing to any connected printer
- Mute all sound
- And More!!!
- Display the teacher's screen on every computer Teachers can remotely help a student with the remote control feature
- Co-browsing synchronizes the students' web browser with the teacher's
- Send messages to individual students
- Chat is a simple, trusted way for teachers to communicate with students without disrupting the rest of the class
- And Much, Much More!!!